From Matthew Woodward <>
Subject Line Breaks in JSON Causing Issue With jQuery
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 17:49:20 GMT
Hello fellow relaxers--I'm fairly new to CouchDB and loving it so far, but I
ran into a bit of an issue when calling a view directly from jQuery. I'm
sure I'm just missing something obvious, but here goes.

I have a view in CouchDB that I'm calling from jQuery like so:

var couchURL = "
    dataType: "jsonp",
    url: couchURL,
    jsonpCallback: "myCallback",
    success: myCallback

The view works fine when I hit it in a browser. The problem I'm having is
that, I believe because of the line break after the first array bracket in
the "rows" element, jQuery doesn't see this as valid JSON. The error I get
is "invalid label" and it appears to break right at the line break (at least
according to Firebug).

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Matthew Woodward / Twitter: @mpwoodward

Please do not send me proprietary file formats such as Word, PowerPoint,
etc. as attachments.