From Matthew Woodward <m...@mattwoodward.com>
Subject Re: Line Breaks in JSON Causing Issue With jQuery
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 18:24:11 GMT
On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 9:52 AM, Mikeal Rogers <mikeal.rogers@gmail.com>wrote:

> jsonp isn't enabled by default so it may actually not be embedding the
> callback in the response. Might want to try just normal json instead. To my
> knowledge we don't add any line breaks between json elements.

Thanks--I'll try regular JSON in a bit. Was getting an error on that as well
but I'll look back into it.

In the mean time, when I call my view I'm definitely getting a line break in
both a browser and in curl, e.g.:
{"total_rows":4641, "offset":0, "rows":[
{"id":"myid", "key":"mykey", "value":"myvalue"},
{"id":"myid2", "key":"mykey2", "value":"myvalue2"}
]}

Note the line break after the [, between each record, and before the final
]}

Is there something I did in my view that would be causing that to happen?
Are the results I'm seeing in a browser and in curl not necessarily
"accurate" as far as the formatting goes?

Thanks.
--
Matthew Woodward
matt@mattwoodward.com

Please do not send me proprietary file formats such as Word, PowerPoint,
etc. as attachments.