From "Mark J. Reed" <markjr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bulk Updates in CouchDB
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 19:17:35 GMT
On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Neville Franks <subs@surfulater.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. My queries and update/delete operations are all
> well defined, so there is no ad-hoc query concerns.

Ah, OK.  I inferred that there might be such concerns based on your
objection to creating a view for each attribute you want to query. If
you know ahead of time what those attributes are, there's no reason
you can't precreate all those views.  If it's a large number, it's not
too hard to automate the view creation...

> I have looked at MongoDB, and it does have more of the update/delete
> etc. capabilities I'm used to it, however it doesn't have the
> replication that CouchDB does, instead it has master/slave and
> read-only on the slaves.

That has been true, but I'm given to understand that master/master is
either in the latest release or coming soon.

--
Mark J. Reed <markjreed@gmail.com>