From Keith Gable <ziggythehams...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: simple use cases for couch db
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 22:06:51 GMT
> I read that you are working in a large enterprise and I had the idea of a webapp
> for applying for holidays/vacation. You basically have a calender and users can
> apply for taking days off and their supervisor has to approve it.
> Creating the basic app would be quite easy but modeling the security
> restrictions might need an extra application layer.

This is probably possible with CouchDB but I'd seriously think it'd be
easier to write a Rails (or your favorite framework here) app that
does it with CouchDB as the datastore. Just because you can do it all
in JavaScript in CouchDB doesn't necessarily mean you should. But then
there are some apps which totally make sense being done that way.