From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB behind apache reverse proxy
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 16:32:04 GMT
Victor,

If you serve CouchDB directly, or just proxy CouchDB via a web server,
you're gonna need to read up on the CouchDB security model and
consider whether it fits your application.

This should get you started:
http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/security.html
http://is.gd/gQ3XO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHKvV3Nh-CI

The main 'gotcha' with CouchDB's security model is that a user can
either access all or none of the resources for any particular
database. Consider what types of data can be accessed anonymously, by
a particular user or by a role shared by multiple users. You may need
to place documents in different databases depending on who may access
them.

Perhaps you could explain more of your scenario.

Cheers,

Zach