From Matthew Woodward <m...@mattwoodward.com>
Subject Re: Best Way to Handle Inserting HTML Data
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 01:27:46 GMT
On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Mike Miller <mike@cloudant.com> wrote:

> Can you just save the HTML as an attachment?  -Mike

Well ... I thought about that too. Here's the issue.

Basically the database is of an event with some high-level details (name of
event, date/time, location, etc.), and an array of attendees. The attendee
JSON object has name, title, etc. and then an attendee statement, which is
where the HTML comes in since these statements can be either hyperlinks or
full-blown HTML documents right in the database.

Right now I have the event as my document in my CouchDB database, and then I
have an array of attendees. So if I have 10 attendees each with a statement,
then if I do attachments I'd have to figure out how to map the statement
back to the attendee within my attendee array. So I considered doing
attachments but couldn't figure out how to handle knowing which attachment
went with which attendee.
--
Matthew Woodward
matt@mattwoodward.com

Please do not send me proprietary file formats such as Word, PowerPoint,
etc. as attachments.