From Trond Olsen <tolse...@gmail.com>
Subject Considering couchdb for webapp
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 21:08:46 GMT
I wondered if someone would like to comment on how suitable couchdb would be
for a webapp I'm developing?

The app functions like a traditional desktop application and I need a
web-based storage solution that users can subscribe to. The documents to be
stored would mostly range from 1-10kb with occasional larger 1-50mb ones. I
will need to tag documents and let users retrieve groups of documents by
tag, but only transmit names/urls and not whole content. In addition, each
"primary" document might have several other separate "configuration"
documents associated with it that should be queryable on-demand by users.

I see that couchdb supports version-control but get scraped when the
database is compactified. What options are available if I want to
server-controlled diffs stored in updated documents (both doc and
attachments)?

Last question concerns security. Ideally I would like to support both single
user and groups control per document with private or public access.