From Benjamin Young <benja...@couchone.com>
Subject Re: Sharing design documents between DBs
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 17:46:33 GMT
Martin,

I'm not sure what your setup is, but if you had an "app" database (the
authoritative db for the _design doc you want to share with customers) on
the same instance of CouchDB with the customer's db's, then your replication
requests would all be local--no IP connections what so ever.

To do that in a multi-instance scenario, you could simply have the app db's
continuously replicate between the instances, and locally replication to the
customer db's on each particular instance. Or, if you don't want to use
replication between your instances, you could push your changes into the
"app" db's on each of the instances. In either case, you'd only be
generating HTTP traffic on the pushing of the app and/or replication of the
"app" db's between the machines--so, very low network overhead in either
case.

Later,
Benjamin