From "christoffer.buchholz@gmail.com" <christoffer.buchh...@gmail.com>
Subject apache vhost, couchdb vhost and rewrite
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:00:50 GMT
Hey guys,

On the CouchDB on my server, I have a CouchApp placed at
/chrisbuchholzname/_design/chrisbuchholz.name with rewrite-index at
_rewrite/. I now want my domain chrisbuchholz.dk to point to that CouchApp.

On my server I use apache2 and manage all my domains as virtualhost. So I
have set up a proxy for chrisbuchholz.dk that points it to the CouchDB, so
that the CouchDB vhost can grab it. I did it like this:

<VirtualHost 178.79.133.30:80>
        ServerAdmin christoffer.buchholz@gmail.com
        ServerName chrisbuchholz.dk
        ServerAlias www.chrisbuchholz.dk
        ProxyPass / http://localhost:5984/
        ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:5984/
        ErrorLog /srv/chrisbuchholz/www/chrisbuchholz.dk/logs/error.log
        CustomLog
/srv/chrisbuchholz/www/chrisbuchholz.dk/logs/access.logcombined
        <Proxy *>
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Proxy>
</VirtualHost>

Then I have added a vhost entry to local.ini:

chrisbuchholz.dk:5984 = /chrisbuchholzname/_design/
chrisbuchholz.name/_rewrite

But it doesn't work.
When I access chrisbuchholz.dk, it just gives me CouchDB - not my CouchApp.
(you can try yourself)

What am I missing and what am I doing wrong?

Sincerely,
Christoffer Buchholz