From Wordit Ltd <wordi...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Why or when is data local ?
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 15:22:21 GMT
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Benjamin Young <benjamin@couchone.com> wrote:

> Depending on what you're building, getting CouchDB on your user's machine could be fairly
trivial.

Thanks Benjamin (and Randall). I'm creating web apps, just HTML5 and
Javascript, possibly using couchapp as well. Most users for "casual
apps" will not want to install CouchDB. For example, mobile devices
are currently not an option to install CouchDB locally, are they?

Are there any other solutions to achieve local storage? Maybe store
data locally on a temporary basis and post it to the server at
intervals?

I discovered Lawnchair which does local storage using JSON in many
formats, including a local CouchDB, supports mobiles and desktops. I
wonder whether something like this could be used with server-side
CouchDB?

http://blog.westcoastlogic.com/lawnchair/

Marcus