From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bulk Updates in CouchDB
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 21:18:31 GMT

On 17 Nov 2010, at 21:53, Neville Franks wrote:

> Thursday, November 18, 2010, 7:46:11 AM, you wrote:
>
> JL> On 17 Nov 2010, at 20:25, Neville Franks wrote:
>
>>> Hi Jan,
>>> Thanks, very useful, however it has a focus on retrieval and doesn't
>>> discuss update/delete operations. I've found that to largely be the
>>> case with CouchDB articles etc. ie. They discuss retrieval using views
>>> (map/reduce) and inserts but not update/delete so much and not in
>>> terms of the bulk SQL operations I raised initially.
>>>
>>> I'd certainly welcome more on this.
>>>
>>> Re. "CouchDB The Definitive Guide" - is that actually available in
>>> print yet and does/will it have more content than the on-line
>>> version?
>
> JL> It has been in print since February, see http://guide.couchdb.org/
>
> JL> It will always have the same content. This is an open source book.
>
> I thought so, but wasn't 100% sure. Are you continuing to add / update
> content to the on-line version which will then appear in a future
> print version update?

Yes, we're working on the second edition* with the open source community.

* http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/index.html

> Do you still want tickets submitted for book corrections etc.

Yes, any help, tickets, patches, pull-requests, translations, the whole
shebang :) — It's all up on GitHub:

  https://github.com/oreilly/couchdb-guide

Cheers
Jan