From Neville Franks <s...@surfulater.com>
Subject couch.app.db.changes() usage
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 05:14:40 GMT
Hi,
I have replication working and want update my UI when changes are
pushed to the target database. I've read about _changes and found the
couch.app.db.changes() function in jquery.couch.js  However I can't
work out how to use the function. I assume I need to set up listener,
but my knowledge of Javascript is not yet what it needs to be.

Unfortunately the docs at
http://www.couch.io/page/library-jquery-couch-js-database don't even
list the changes() function.

Can some help me here and also let me know what the options param is
for.

Also in Google Chrome the spinning waiting image on the Tab is
continuously showing when app.db.changes() is running. And the mouse
cursor shows an arrow+hour glass. I'm pretty sure I've seen this
mentioned somewhere. Firefox doesn't do this. Is there any way to
work-around this? It makes for a not very good user experience.

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
  Neville Franks, http://www.surfulater.com http://blog.surfulater.com