From Michael Zedeler <mich...@zedeler.dk>
Subject CouchDB on debian?
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:49:35 GMT
Hi everybody.

I am having a major headache trying to install the latest CouchDB
(1.0.1) on debian 5.0.

It turns out that the latest available version of CouchDB on debian is
version 0.8. In CouchDB-terms that release is lightyears behind version
1.0.1. We simply can't use version 0.8 because of the changes in the API
that were introduced later.

I decided to try compiling from source, but got stuck because erlang
version 5.6.5 (or later) isn't available either (debian 5.0 provides
version 5.6.3). This means that I'd be forced to not only maintain my
own build of CouchDB, but erlang as well.

Besides switching to the testing distribution, does anyone have any
suggestions?
What other platforms are known to be stable wrt. CouchDB hosting? I
found that Arch Linux supports CouchDB 1.0.1, but I have no experience
maintaining machines running this distribution.

Regards,

Michael.