From "BABALWA MAGALELA" <208179...@cput.ac.za>
Subject Re: Reading from couchDB into table
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2010 06:09:43 GMT
Thank you. You have helped plenty

>>> Henrik Lundgren <carl.henrik.lundgren@gmail.com> 11/18/10 6:25 PM >>>
If we are going to plug Java connectors for CouchDB I might aswell
mention Ektorp.

In contrast to its peers, It has good refence documentation:
http://www.ektorp.org/reference_documentation.html

It is quite flexible in terms of mappable types, you can use plain
Objects, Maps or JsonNodes (DOM like API)

Here's the project site:
http://code.google.com/p/ektorp/

Regards
Henrik Lundgren (creator of Ektorp)

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Aurélien Bénel <aurelien.benel@utt.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I recommend using a CouchDB library for Java.
>
> By the way, we have created yet another java client library.
>
> We use it for information visualisation (which means displaying a lot of data at the
same time). Therefore, the emphasis is put on improving read performance (cached bulk GET).
On _changes, the cache is cleared and the observers are notified.

> It's called RESTDatabase:
>   http://porphyry.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=porphyry/porphyry;a=blob_plain;f=src/org/hypertopic/RESTDatabase.java;h=b7d67a3146475d9057dd8fec40967dd10514146d;hb=HEAD
>
> And it is tested here:
>   http://porphyry.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=porphyry/porphyry;a=blob_plain;f=src/org/hypertopic/RESTDatabaseTest.java;h=6b5dfcb2d1022fe586b2c22b77ee517aa4a20b54;hb=HEAD
>
> We minimized the dependencies to a single modified org.json library:
>   http://porphyry.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=porphyry/porphyry;a=tree;f=src/org/json;h=311adf0af9d49f0dfc1d9fbafeb113bb23eb29fe;hb=HEAD
>

> Regards,
>
> Aurélien (for the Hypertopic team)

Disclaimer
This e-mail transmission contains confidential information,
which is the property of the sender.
The information in this e-mail or attachments thereto is
intended for the attention and use only of the addressee.
Should you have received this e-mail in error, please delete
and destroy it and any attachments thereto immediately.
Under no circumstances will the Cape Peninsula University of
Technology or the sender of this e-mail be liable to any party for
any direct, indirect, special or other consequential damages for any
use of this e-mail.
For the detailed e-mail disclaimer please refer to
http://www.cput.ac.za/email.php or call +27 (0)21 460 3911