From Mirko Kiefer <mirko.kie...@arcor.de>
Subject Re: LivelyCouch - a framework around CouchDB and Node.js
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 22:45:48 GMT
Hi Gabriel,
yes I meant "filtered_people" :)

Moving the handlers to design documents shouldn't be a problem.
You would then probably want to call a URL like:
http://127.0.0.1:5984/_handler/yourdb/_design/designdoc/handlername

We decided to have a separate handler DB as one of our main motivations
was to be able to do requests across databases. Also, at the moment we
constantly keep a worker running who writes out handler code to the file
system everytime it changes. Handlers are then executed from there. If
you split your handler code across databases you would have to listen to
changes on each of them.
The reason we write out the code is that we couldn't find an easy
solution to handle dependencies of your handler - if you do a "require"
in your node code, the required file needs to be found.

I haven't seen Mikeal's talk but going to have a look right now.
Not sure if I understand you right - in LivelyCouch you could do
something like:
- have a Worker running who listens on _changes of a database
- when a change happens the worker would send out a message
- other Workers could be triggered by this depending of your definition
in the Event documents

Mirko