From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sharing design documents between DBs
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 10:49:19 GMT
Hi Gregor,

On 1 Nov 2010, at 08:12, Gregor Frey wrote:

> Hi,
> when I followed the discussion about the setup of CouchDB in a hosted environment, I
wondered whether it would be possible to share the application level software between multiple
databases. This would enable a real multi-tenant set-up. Otherwise you must duplicate the
application with each new tenant.
> Does anybody know whether and how CouchDB supports application sharing?

CouchDB does not support application or document sharing over databases. But nothing stops
you from gradually replicating a new design doc (the application) to every database.

Cheers
Jan