From John <john.logs...@netdev.co.uk>
Subject Re: Example curl command for multi part index required
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 22:33:12 GMT
Thanks Bob and Paul.

It's obvious when someone talks slowly and spells it out for you......

The mental picture of an array in an array in an array works for me!

If I could just get use to this whole "disk is cheap" think then I wouldn't try to be so *clever*
with my views and just get on with making the ones I need......

Cheers

John

On 30 Nov 2010, at 22:16, Robert Newson wrote:

> You can't even wild card the last element.
>
> in the usual trick of startkey=["foo"]&endkey=["foo",{}], {} is not a
> wildcard, it's an empty object. The trick works because an object, any
> object, sorts higher than any number or string.
>
> To call that a wildcard is wildly misleading. badoom tssh.
>
> B.
>
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Paul Davis
> <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 5:09 PM, John <john.logsdon@netdev.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Would somebody please show me how to make a curl command on a three part index
(all strings) where the first and second part could be anything but the third is known.
>>> i.e. [*, *, "myid"].
>>>
>>> I thought I could use 0 to {} for the first two indices but that didn't seem
to work but perhaps I'm not escaping properly OR is it not possible to do the search with
the indexes in this order?