From Neville Franks <s...@surfulater.com>
Subject Re: Bulk Updates in CouchDB
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:53:16 GMT

JL> On 17 Nov 2010, at 20:25, Neville Franks wrote:

>> Hi Jan,
>> Thanks, very useful, however it has a focus on retrieval and doesn't
>> discuss update/delete operations. I've found that to largely be the
>> case with CouchDB articles etc. ie. They discuss retrieval using views
>> (map/reduce) and inserts but not update/delete so much and not in
>> terms of the bulk SQL operations I raised initially.
>>
>> I'd certainly welcome more on this.
>>
>> Re. "CouchDB The Definitive Guide" - is that actually available in
>> print yet and does/will it have more content than the on-line
>> version?

JL> It has been in print since February, see http://guide.couchdb.org/

JL> It will always have the same content. This is an open source book.

I thought so, but wasn't 100% sure. Are you continuing to add / update
content to the on-line version which will then appear in a future
print version update?

Do you still want tickets submitted for book corrections etc.

--
Best regards,
  Neville Franks, http://www.surfulater.com http://blog.surfulater.com