From Tom Bichay <bic...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: _changes notification problem with jsonp
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 19:30:40 GMT
true. thanks.
but it works sometimes.

unfortunately i don't have a XHR object to use statechangeevent as i am using jsonp.
otherwise it would be easy to check.

Am 12.10.2010 um 21:22 schrieb Paul Davis:

> If you're hitting the same URL and it works for cURL but not in the
> browser, then I would assume that its the browser's XHR doing the
> timeout. Beyond that I don't have any knowledge on how you might
> affect the XHR timeout.
>
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Tom Bichay <bichay@gmx.net> wrote:
>> hey guys,
>>

>> i am using jsonp (ajax) to connect to a couchdb server with the _changes api with
feed=longpoll.

>> but unfortunately sometimes it misses some change notfications. i don't know why.
>> but i am 100% sure that there are relevant changes.
>> if i use curl it works perfect.
>>
>> has anybody an idea?
>>
>> i think it could be that the server cancels the connection, so it waits for the timeout
and returns the json without any changes. but i can not check if the server still has the
connection to the client as i am using jsonp (so i don't have a real object to use statechangeevent)
so i can not use heartbeat.

--
BICHAY IT [bi:shay]
IT | Consulting | Development