From Dave Cottlehuber <>
Subject Re: Couchdb crashes on Windows
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2010 11:20:35 GMT
On 2 October 2010 04:14, Peter Somers <> wrote:
> Very nice work indeed!
> However, as I am no erlang programmer and we have a project that is going
> live soon, what are the chances that this fix will result in a new windows
> build that can be downloaded and installed soon?
> I don't want to push anyone, I just need some realistic time frame.
> What is the conventional process in this case?
> Thank you all.
> Peter

Hi Peter

Cliff's pure erlang test now passes with Juhani's fix - yay - growing
a file past the 4GB mark, and
correctly appending on re-opening the file > 4GiB again.

I can still get the original issue to recur as my couch grows past
4GiB it dies; logs
at can some others
please re-test & confirm?

I still think we have 2 different bugs here. So please test carefully
outside production env.

Unofficial build of couchdb 1.0.1 + R14B + Juhani's fix are slowly
uploading from New Zealand...

& some o

You can do your own builds pretty easily, both erland & couchdb have
pretty good info. I have more
detailed manual steps here but it still
has 2 bugs:
    - R14B won't build on a 64bit platform - but R14A does
    - vcredist_x86.exe isn't included for some reason in Erlang nor in CouchDB

A *very* fast way to create blank large files on windows is

View raw message