From Alex Koshelev <daeva...@gmail.com>
Subject gen_server timeout
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 06:33:20 GMT
Hi, all!

We at Yandex create the new project and use CouchDB as our primary storage.
We live in the python universe so use python as client-code language and for
view-server. There is number of ready python libraries for CouchDB and we
have chosen -- couchdb-python (http://code.google.com/p/couchdb-python/).

CouchDB is hosted on Ubuntu 10.04 boxes (64bit; 16 Cores; 23GB RAM) with
master + 2 slaves setup. And databases from number of megabytes to some
gigabytes in size.

We faced some strange CouchDB behavior which is related to our view-server
and its integration with storage (I think). We get `timeout` errors from the
storage. This errors appear even when trying to issue a replication, getting
database information (/db/_info) or querying views itself.

Here is some logs with error messages -- http://dpaste.com/hold/258268/ .
View-server works fine and has no error messages. But, we've noticed that it
is getting some strange `reduce` requests with empty arguments.

Our local.ini has `os_process_tmeout` preset with 6000000 (six million
milliseconds) and it doesn't help. It seams that this timeout doesn't event
count and response with `timeout` error returns in some seconds (over 5 I
think).

The same issue we've encountered earlier with Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy) and
previous version (pre 1.0) of CouchDB.

What do you think about that? Where is our mistake or misconfiguration?

Thanks!

---
Alexander Koshelev