From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why use multiple databases ?
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 14:38:42 GMT
I'd also like to add that permissions are a common reason to put docs
into separate databases. For example, if each user should only see
there own docs, then you should give each user their own database.
(Given that CouchDB can only enforce read permissions at the database
level.)

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Nils Breunese <N.Breunese@vpro.nl> wrote:
> Op 29 okt 2010, om 10:37 heeft Zdravko Gligic het volgende geschreven:
>
>> (1) What kind of issues do you take into consideration when deciding
>> if certain types of documents should go into their own database ?
>
> It makes sense to store all documents used by an application in the same database. That
way your data can be easily replicated along with your design documents. Only start separating
data into different databases when there is a real need. If you can't explain why you need
multiple databases, just start with a single one. Relax, you can always split out later.