From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: _changes notification problem with jsonp
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 19:41:58 GMT
On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Tom Bichay <bichay@gmx.net> wrote:
> true. thanks.
> but it works sometimes.
>
> unfortunately i don't have a XHR object to use statechangeevent as i am using jsonp.
> otherwise it would be easy to check.

Oh right. Forgot that part. I'm not at all familiar with the semantics
of resource loading, but I'd be willing to bet its vendor specific.

> Am 12.10.2010 um 21:22 schrieb Paul Davis:
>
>> If you're hitting the same URL and it works for cURL but not in the
>> browser, then I would assume that its the browser's XHR doing the
>> timeout. Beyond that I don't have any knowledge on how you might
>> affect the XHR timeout.
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Tom Bichay <bichay@gmx.net> wrote:
>>> hey guys,
>>>

>>> i am using jsonp (ajax) to connect to a couchdb server with the _changes api
with feed=longpoll.

>>> but unfortunately sometimes it misses some change notfications. i don't know
why.
>>> but i am 100% sure that there are relevant changes.
>>> if i use curl it works perfect.
>>>
>>> has anybody an idea?
>>>
>>> i think it could be that the server cancels the connection, so it waits for the
timeout and returns the json without any changes. but i can not check if the server still
has the connection to the client as i am using jsonp (so i don't have a real object to use
statechangeevent) so i can not use heartbeat.