From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: _changes notification problem with jsonp
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 19:22:12 GMT
If you're hitting the same URL and it works for cURL but not in the
browser, then I would assume that its the browser's XHR doing the
timeout. Beyond that I don't have any knowledge on how you might
affect the XHR timeout.

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Tom Bichay <bichay@gmx.net> wrote:
> hey guys,
>

> i am using jsonp (ajax) to connect to a couchdb server with the _changes api with feed=longpoll.
>
> but unfortunately sometimes it misses some change notfications. i don't know why.
> but i am 100% sure that there are relevant changes.
> if i use curl it works perfect.
>
> has anybody an idea?
>
> i think it could be that the server cancels the connection, so it waits for the timeout
and returns the json without any changes. but i can not check if the server still has the
connection to the client as i am using jsonp (so i don't have a real object to use statechangeevent)
so i can not use heartbeat.