From Dale Harvey <d...@arandomurl.com>
Subject Re: Syncing couchdb with android
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 12:29:55 GMT
I am currently working on making the focus app suitable for mobile devices,
(http://github.com/daleharvey/Focus is up but a major wip)

Since futon is unusable on mobile devices, the easiest way I found to work
with couch is to unzip the sdk and add to path then:

$adb forward tcp:5985 tcp:5984 so I can use androids futon on my laptop at
http://127.0.0.1:5985

I also add
    "android" : {
        "db" : "http://user:pass@127.0.0.1:5985/focus"
    },
To my .couchapprc so I can push couchapps straight into android.

There is a sync screen in focus, its a bit delicate right now, but feel free
to try it out and report any bugs to me, I have mostly been testing sync
between my android / laptop and a live couchdb instance.

of course since you can access futon on android via laptop, you can test all
the sync ability through straight futon.

$adb logcat is also invaluable

I am daleharvey on #couchdb if you want to go through anything, I will be
putting up instructions etc once its a little more stable.