From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to setup CouchDB hosting
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:18:20 GMT
Matthias,

So it sounds like you need to setup individual user accounts and give
each of them their own database. Then add the user ID to the "readers"
array in the security object for their database. That will stop anyone
else from being able to read/write to the user's database.

You can read more about the security object here:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Security_Features_Overview#Authorization

Also, here's a pretty good overview of CouchDB security:
http://blog.couchone.com/post/1027100082/whats-new-in-couchdb-1-0-part-4-securityn-stuff

Cheers,

Zach