From Tim Hart <tjh...@me.com>
Subject Re: View queries and etags
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 20:19:25 GMT

On Oct 4, 2010, at 10:28 PM, Tim Hart wrote:

> On Oct 4, 2010, at 3:03 AM, Sebastian Cohnen wrote:
>
>> Hey Tim,
>>
>> looks like you have found a bug :) Could you file a report (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB)?
A JavaScript test for reproducing this problem is also very welcome (and will help to prevent
regression).

> Or not.
>
> I tried simplifying the issue by replacing an open source framework I was using with
a simpler open source framework. The issue went away. I've spent most of the day trying to
track down the source of the problem, and I'm taking it to the mailing list of the other client
side javascript framework.

> I think there's still a problem, but I'm convinced the issue isn't with CouchDB. No bug
filed, my apologies if I've introduced any confusion.

And then, I finally put 2 & 2 together.

I finally came up with a reproducible test case, minus my other framework. It is indeed issues
with conditional get requests and the etag. I just didn't have the mechanics in my request
configured quite right.

The issue key is COUCHDB-909

Tim