From Wout Mertens <wout.mert...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Efficient ways of storing large lists of numbers?
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 16:20:50 GMT
Looks like you're just trying to do phone number lookups, so converting the numbers into a
canonical form and using that as the _id sounds perfect - globally unique natural keys are
what you want and it saves you having to store a view that has the same information.

As for better ways to store your data, I think you need to do some benchmarking :-) You need
to look at your full application "lifecycle" (all the database actions it does) and determine
what you can do to satisfy your requirements.

Seems to me though that what you're proposing is probably best.

Wout.