From Patrick Barnes <mrtr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Volume Test - 2 million documents
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 02:25:43 GMT
While you're refactoring, can I suggest - for each view, store a
checksum of the map/reduce functions?

At the moment, If something unrelated (like the validation function, or
a version number) in the design document is changed, it's rebuilding all
the views and it doesn't need to.

-Patrick

On 13/10/2010 12:43 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
>> Is there any way to control the checkpointing of views when creating the view for
the first time - I'm guessing I'm looking at many hours to create a single view on 2 million
documents.