From Patrick Barnes <mrtr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: design doc weakness (one view fails = all views fail)
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2010 12:22:18 GMT
Yes it does, all views of a design doc update at once.
If you have some views that are not often needed, but are very expensive
to generate, it can be better to put them in another design doc.

On 10/10/2010 11:08 PM, mickael.bailly@free.fr wrote:
> That's interesting. For my personnal curiosity: because CouchDB update views on read,
do you know if that means that, when I ask for one view, the other views of the same design
documents are updated too ?

- AFAIK - not really avoidable in the current architecture.

> On 10.10.2010, at 09:37, mickael.bailly@free.fr wrote:
>

>> Hello couchers,
>>
>> it seems that, on a design document, if there is one view having an error ( for example
"Expression does not eval to a function" ) than all other views are then unusable.
>> It's not critical and not a real bug, but from my point of view it's a weakness :
one error on one part of the design doc leads to a totally broken app / couchapp.