From MilesTogoe <miles.to...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compiling on Ubuntu - missing spidermonkey jsapi headers
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2010 03:09:37 GMT
On 10/01/2010 03:59 PM, Dan Himes wrote:
> Make sure you are switch-usering to the right user.  My user and groups
> are both couchdb (set with chown and chgrp).

just had to go back to the couchdb src directory - sudo compiled it from
there and it compiled okay - after symlinking the init.d file, finally
it's running!

thks guys for all the help - I will be putting this together in a write
up suitable for the wiki to save others time.  Of course in a month
we'll have 10.10 so who knows.

> Best regards,
>
> Dan
>
> On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 15:56 -0600, MilesTogoe wrote:
>

>> On 10/01/2010 12:27 AM, afters wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Miles,
>>>
>>> You could try following example 2 in the wiki (
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Ubuntu#Example_2_.28with_minimal_dependencies.29),
>>> which builds spidermonkey from source and does not rely on xulrunner. It
>>> worked for me.
>>>

>> okay, thks, compiling spidermonkey from source was easy and solved that
>> problem but now getting these errors - weird since using sudo to run
>> configure - any ideas ?
>>
>> ./configure: line 12432: ./config.status: Permission denied
>> ./configure: line 12446: ./config.status: Permission denied
>> configure: error: write failure creating ./config.status
>>
>> 12432 cat>$CONFIG_STATUS<<_ASEOF || as_write_fail=1
>>

>>> a.

If any of it

- but

error