From MilesTogoe <miles.to...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compiling on Ubuntu - missing spidermonkey jsapi headers
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 21:56:13 GMT
On 10/01/2010 12:27 AM, afters wrote:
> Hi Miles,
>
> You could try following example 2 in the wiki (
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Ubuntu#Example_2_.28with_minimal_dependencies.29),
> which builds spidermonkey from source and does not rely on xulrunner. It
> worked for me.

okay, thks, compiling spidermonkey from source was easy and solved that
problem but now getting these errors - weird since using sudo to run
configure - any ideas ?

./configure: line 12432: ./config.status: Permission denied
./configure: line 12446: ./config.status: Permission denied
configure: error: write failure creating ./config.status

12432 cat >$CONFIG_STATUS <<_ASEOF || as_write_fail=1

> a.
>
> On 1 October 2010 07:49, MilesTogoe<miles.togoe@gmail.com>  wrote:
>

>> On 09/30/2010 05:18 PM, Randall Leeds wrote:
>>

>>> It looks like
>>>
>>> ./configure --with-js-include=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.10/include
>>> --with-js-lib=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.10/lib
>>>
>>> should work fine for you. At least it should get you past the
>>> configuration stage.
>>> If at all possible I would get into #couchdb on freenode for some more
>>> realtime assistance if you're still stuck.
>>> Sorry this has been a frustrating process for you. It's a combination
>>> of a number of factors including Mozilla's stance on shipping
>>> spidermonkey on a product (i.e. don't, it's part of xulrunner only),
>>> Ubuntu's policy on linkage and ABI (can't make spidermonkey linkable
>>> by default because they won't guarantee any version compatibility),
>>> the libmozjs ->   xulrunner-devel packaging change, etc.
>>>

>> the above configure does not work - still failing on not finding js api
>>
>> we dug into the configure file =>  sent us to the make file
>> JSLIB = -lmozjs
>> JS_LIB_BASE = mozjs
>> JS_LIB_BINARY =
>>
>> does this look right ?  I'm not sure about what mozjs is and if the
>> lib_binary should be blank
>>
>> re Mozilla + Ubuntu issues - yeah, understand.
>>
>> wondering if there is a good way to hack in hard coded necessary
>> spidermonkey libs ?

>>   I think I can confidently speak for the list, though, when I say we're
>>
>>> happy to work through this with you.
>>> Once you get it sorted out if you find anything amiss in the wiki page
>>> you should save the next person from experiencing the same pain and
>>> update the page with what you've learned. That'd be really great.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Randall

Try

even need