From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Re: Why use multiple databases ?
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 09:07:06 GMT
Op 29 okt 2010, om 10:37 heeft Zdravko Gligic het volgende geschreven:

> (1) What kind of issues do you take into consideration when deciding
> if certain types of documents should go into their own database ?

It makes sense to store all documents used by an application in the same database. That way
your data can be easily replicated along with your design documents. Only start separating
data into different databases when there is a real need. If you can't explain why you need
multiple databases, just start with a single one. Relax, you can always split out later.

> (2) Are your decisions based on performance, security or some other
> considerations ?

No. (But maybe somebody else's are?)

> (3) What else should I be asking you - if I was not a noob ;?)

I have no idea.

Nils.
 VPRO
 phone:  +31(0)356712911