From mickael.bai...@free.fr
Subject Re: design doc weakness (one view fails = all views fail)
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2010 12:08:57 GMT
That's interesting. For my personnal curiosity: because CouchDB update views on read, do you
know if that means that, when I ask for one view, the other views of the same design documents
are updated too ?

----- Mail Original -----
De: "Sebastian Cohnen" <sebastiancohnen@googlemail.com>
À: user@couchdb.apache.org
Envoyé: Dimanche 10 Octobre 2010 11h43:57 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Berne / Rome /
Stockholm / Vienne
Objet: Re: design doc weakness (one view fails = all views fail)

Hey Mickael,

views are processed in together groups (one per design document). this "weakness" is - AFAIK
- not really avoidable in the current architecture.

On 10.10.2010, at 09:37, mickael.bailly@free.fr wrote:

> Hello couchers,
>
> it seems that, on a design document, if there is one view having an error ( for example
"Expression does not eval to a function" ) than all other views are then unusable.
> It's not critical and not a real bug, but from my point of view it's a weakness : one
error on one part of the design doc leads to a totally broken app / couchapp.