From Dan Himes <dhi...@vlesolutions.com>
Subject Re: compiling on Ubuntu - missing spidermonkey jsapi headers
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 21:59:15 GMT
Make sure you are switch-usering to the right user.  My user and groups
are both couchdb (set with chown and chgrp).

Best regards,

Dan

On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 15:56 -0600, MilesTogoe wrote:

> On 10/01/2010 12:27 AM, afters wrote:
> > Hi Miles,
> >
> > You could try following example 2 in the wiki (
> > http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Ubuntu#Example_2_.28with_minimal_dependencies.29),
> > which builds spidermonkey from source and does not rely on xulrunner. It
> > worked for me.
> >

> okay, thks, compiling spidermonkey from source was easy and solved that
> problem but now getting these errors - weird since using sudo to run
> configure - any ideas ?
>
> ./configure: line 12432: ./config.status: Permission denied
> ./configure: line 12446: ./config.status: Permission denied
> configure: error: write failure creating ./config.status
>
> 12432 cat >$CONFIG_STATUS <<_ASEOF || as_write_fail=1
>

> > a.

> >> the above configure does not work - still failing on not finding js api
> >>
> >> we dug into the configure file =>  sent us to the make file
> >> JSLIB = -lmozjs
> >> JS_LIB_BASE = mozjs
> >> JS_LIB_BINARY =
> >>
> >> does this look right ?  I'm not sure about what mozjs is and if the
> >> lib_binary should be blank
> >>
> >> re Mozilla + Ubuntu issues - yeah, understand.
> >>
> >> wondering if there is a good way to hack in hard coded necessary
> >> spidermonkey libs ?

> >>   I think I can confidently speak for the list, though, when I say we're

- but

error

conflicting syntax

we even need

couchdb

Daniel E. Himes, Ph.D.
President
Virtual Learning Environment Solutions, Inc.
4 Bartlett St ~ Marblehead  Massachusetts ~ 01945-2720
781.277.1151