From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Re: planning out a database
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:29:28 GMT
Jeffrey M. Barber wrote:

> Is it a good idea to have a single application work inside of a single
> CouchDB database?
>
> Right now, I'm making sure each document I put into the CouchDB has a 'ns'
> field (for namespace) so I can pull it out for indexing, but I'm thinking
> that as this grows this may be a bad idea. Is it worth pulling out each ns
> into a database? or is this just going to be a pre-optimization in the long
> term.

Using an ns-like property is a commonly used pattern in CouchDB databases. I don't think it's
worth it to start splitting up your database. You lose some flexibility as functions exist
on a database-level and cannot work across different databases and I don't see any real advantage
in doing it.

Nils.
 VPRO
 phone:  +31(0)356712911