From Sebastian Cohnen <sebastiancoh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: MD5 collisions
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 07:54:57 GMT
The collision probability is quite low. MD5 is considered to b broken from a cryptographical
point of view - an attacker can craft a file that has the exact same hash of another one.
I would doubt that you are going to encounter a collision in practice on "normal" usage.

So no, I would not consider the usage of MD5 to break CouchDB.