From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Curious: will CouchDB ever allow live code updates?
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:10:04 GMT
Yes, BigCouch patched a few things to make hot code reloading less painful.  To make this work
for some modules in vanilla CouchDB you really only need a way to tell the system to reload
a module.  It could be an HTTP handler that does this, or you could run a named Erlang node
by hacking the startup script and connecting to it via a remsh.

Adam

On Sep 13, 2010, at 11:49 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

> Its already possible. There are a couple known spots in trunk that
> tend to barf on code reloading. IIUC, BigCouch comes with a couple
> patches for some of these issues. If you find any others, feel free to
> open issues in JIRA.
>
> HTH,
> Paul Davis
>
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 8:19 AM, Wout Mertens <wmertens@cisco.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> one of the benefits of Erlang is that you can upgrade your code while it's still
running. CouchDB's MVCC should help with that as well.