From J Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB The Definitive Guide - Part III
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2010 15:14:06 GMT

On Sep 5, 2010, at 11:37 PM, Ido Ran wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm learning CouchDB using the CouchDB Definitive Guide (draft edition).
> I've got to part III where I start playing with Sofa application to get my
> hand on real CouchApp, but there are some prolems:
>

>   1. The code presented in the book does not match the code in sofa github
>   repository - jchris's sofa at master - GitHub<http://github.com/jchris/sofa>
>   2. The application in the github repository does not work right. I can
>   push it to CouchDB (I'm using couchone.com or couch.io server) but the
>   post form does not work, currently because app.docForm is deprecated but I
>   don't understand how to fix it.
>   3. When I push the app to CouchDB server I get a database with single
>   document with _id of sofa. I thought it should be a collection of documents,
>   not single document.

Thanks - these are serious issues... I've got a running copy of Sofa at http://jchrisa.net
so I know it can work. I've got to set aside a few days to test the book's instructions etc,
make sure they still map to reality.

In the meantime you can try running the Pages application (a wiki which uses many of the same
techniques as Sofa, but with a fresher implementation)

http://github.com/couchone/pages

The README to Pages is up to date and accurate.

Best,
Chris