From James Jackson <james.jack...@cern.ch>
Subject Using multiple auth handlers
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 12:51:24 GMT
Hi all,

I'm just writing some custom auth handlers for a CouchDB cluster we are setting up. To do
what we need to do, in the security context we require, I need to run two such custom handlers.
I believe that I should be able to do this with the following syntax:

[httpd]
authentication_handlers = {couch_cms_auth, cms_backend_authentication_handler},{couch_cms_auth,
cms_host_authentication_hander}

Now, each of these handlers on their own work just fine, but I have problems when attempting
to use both. My understanding is that if one throws an unauthorized exception, then the next
handler in the list should be tried. However, I see a throw in the first handler kill the
request there and then with a 401, without trying the second handler.

Have I misunderstood this behaviour, or do I need to modify how I write my custom handlers
so they behave with each other?

Best regards,
James Jackson.