From Metin Akat <akat.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which filesystem is best for deploying couchdb and why?
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:11:30 GMT
I'm sure almost everybody out there is using ext4/3 (including me),
but what about filesystems like btrfs, zfs, reiserfs, xfs. Some of
them have very appealing feature-sets (like compression for example,
and we all know how greedy is couchdb for disk space).
And I know that for example btrfs is not yet "recommended for
production". But its time is coming. From what I see, Ubuntu 10.10
works flawlessly on btrfs.
So I'd be happy if we have some discussion on the topic, instead of
"everybody uses ext4, just use it" kind of stuff :).
Couchdb was "alpha software" for years, and we all used it in
production, so we are not afraid of alpha/beta software, as long as
it's good :)