From Norman Barker <>
Subject Re: "IN" SQL Clause in Couch View
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 23:03:00 GMT

you could use the multiview for this;

so have a single view that emits each of the keywords as a key

and then the multiview will calculate on the server the intersection
of two views (e.g. view one would be keyed on blue, view two would be
keyed on dog), the multiview would only return the documents with both

More details here

and I would really like some feedback on this!

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Nils Breunese <> wrote:
> You'll need to get the documents containing "Blue" and the documents containing "Cat"
and let the client do the intersection. Or add couchdb-lucene to the mix, which offers full-text
> Nils.
> Onderwerp: "IN" SQL Clause in Couch View
> Hi,
> I am trying to create a view like the one exist in taskr application called
> tag-cloud/
> I want to be able to retrieve all documents which contain all the keywords I
> specify.
> For example:
> {
>  _id: "A",
>  keywords: ["Dog", "Cat", "Blue"]
> }
> {
>  _id: "B",
>  keywords: ["Dog", "Tree", "Blue"]
> }
> Now, if I ask for documents with ["Dog"] I want to get both documents back.
> If I ask for documents with ["Blue", "Cat"] I want to get document A only
> because B does not have both Blue and Cat.
> The order is not important to me.
> How can I go about it with CouchDB views?
> Thank you,
> Ido

View raw message