From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Please Urgent !!! CouchDB crashed on Windows
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2010 06:54:58 GMT
On 11 September 2010 01:23, Panop Suvaphrom <PSuvaphrom@vizrt.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>         Did anyone try to use couchdb production on window.
>         I have try it but never success ... always crash about
>         3 hours later. I think the view is corrupted because
>          when i delete on _view_desing  file, the couchdb
>         seems to be operable again.

Hi Panop,

Yup I've been doing couch on Windows since April, but not really big
couches, just as a convenient development end. I am keen to hear other
people's experience.

I think maybe there's something wrong with your ddoc, but first things first.

After installing CouchDB, not adding any data, are the tests in Futon
http://localhost:5984/_utils/couch_tests.html?script/couch_tests.js
passing successfully?

If there are failures, are they successful on a re-run?

Can you give us more info? Are you pushing lots of docs, do you have
any views, can you share them? What's in var/log/couchdb/couchdb.log
at crash time?

Are you running as a service or from the couchdb.bat file?

If you can, run in debug mode by changing etc/couchdb/local.ini as follows:

[log]
level = debug

& restart. Logs can get big quick so keep an eye on disk during this time.

My couch runs for days at a time, & survives hibernation, the only
issue is on my low-powered laptop it can't handle running debug mode &
high transactions; the log file writing can't keep up.
cheers
Dave