From Søren Hilmer ...@widetrail.dk>
Subject Re: Question on view design for both Hierarchy and Date.
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 08:10:51 GMT
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 08:53, Søren Hilmer <sh@widetrail.dk> wrote:
> > //reduce just sums the values
>
> I hope you're using the built-in "_sum" reduce function?

Absolutely.

> > This allows me to do the wanted query
> > like,
> startkey=["A","B","c6",2010,9,20,12,0,0]&endkey=["A","B","c6",2010,9,20,22,0,0,{}]
> >
> > Is there a better (for some value of better like: faster and/or uses less
> > space) approach to this problem?
>
> I think your approach is about right (and close to what we use).
>
> > The documents are actually only on the leaves in the hierarchy, but I
> need
> > to sum their values up the tree, can this extra information somehow be
> used
> > to improve the view?
>
> As long as you're summing along the key order you're using, that
> should work great.
>
> > I can get up to 500.000 of these documents pr. hour. would that be a
> problem
> > as I do several emits pr document?
>
> It starts to be a problem if the view indexer can't keep up with your
> insertion rate.

Well, how can I test that?
Do you know how this situation will it manifest itself, error messages in
the log?

Thanks
  Søren

--

Søren Hilmer, M.Sc., M.Crypt.

wideTrail                   Phone:  +45 25481225

Pilevænget 41           Email:  sh at widetrail.dk <sh@widetrail.dk>

DK-8961  Allingåbro   Web:    www.widetrail.dk