From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query parameters in rewrites.json not handled as default values
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2010 16:00:51 GMT
On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Henrik Skupin <hskupin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Well it will be a regression then. It has worked like this, and after
>> your request, we discussed about changed it . The point is that you
>> didn't want that someone can override values defined in the ddoc and I
>> think you had a case for this.
>>
>> I'm not sure what is the right way to handle it right now and we
>> should consider all the usecases before changing anything.
>>

> I'm happy to file a bug report but I agree. If that behavior has been
> changed on purpose, it would be good to know the reasons. Do you have the
> bug # or the changeset, which has been changed this behavior, so we have a
> reference point?
>
> --
> Henrik Skupin
> QA Engineer
> Mozilla Corporation

I thas been discussed on pre-release cycle unfortunatly :/ But If I
remember  the question about using query as a default or a way to fix
variable was around the question : "How do we make sure the
startkey/endkey for this path aren't rewritten?". Which is I think a
good question. From time to time you want to make sure that the path
/key is always the patch routing the key for this list. or /about go
to a doc with some id.

Instead of using query for the defaults, I would suggest to introduce
a `default` member to the rule or maybe a way to set as a default
value in the query like :

"query": {
  "key": { "default": 1, "value": ":var"}
}

I've a preference for a `default`member though, it eases the code imo.

- benoit