From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Couchdb crashes on Windows
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2010 12:55:36 GMT
On 26 September 2010 00:47, Peter Somers <petsomers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Cliff,
>
> I've found it.
> Quota management is not enabled. In the event viewer of windows, there is no
> message related to this.
> :-(
>
> It could as well be a windows / erlang limitation as Dave writes, but it
> can't find anything about this either.
>
> Any other suggestions are welcome
>
> Best regards,
> Peter

First thing I'd try (sanity check) is to stop the couchdb service, &
run it from your user acct in a command prompt after setting logging
to debug level in local.ini & see what comes up.

cd \program files\Apache Couchdb\bin
couchdb.bat

a werl window should pop up. hopefully your PC can keep up with the
debug logging - my laptop can't - let it run your data load &
friendpaste.com the last chunk of logs. Maybe we can see something
more helpful.

You might want to try getting erlang itself to see if it can create a
4GB file. exercise to the reader ;-) as its 1am here now. I'll try
this next week - no free time tomorrow.

cheers
Dave