From Ido Ran <ido....@gmail.com>
Subject Revsion Explained
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2010 12:43:59 GMT
Hi,
I've read that the _rev fiel in each document is composed of two parts -
integer which increment by 1 on each change and MD5 hash of the JSON of the
document.
What part of the JSON is included in that hash?

I've created a new document with _id of "foo" and single field name "start"
with value "99". I've save the document and it got _rev of
"1-b563730fcffb6583ff48980c1533e439".
I didn't change anything, just hit save again in Futon and not the _rev is
"2-75a41bb3bc74cb4d768466efa2a0c1ca".
If I hit save again I get another hash.

Why is that?

Thank you,