From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Username is case-sensative
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 19:21:58 GMT
On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 3:07 AM, Ido Ran <ido.ran@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree, it should not be forced - I think it should be the default.
> If you know what you are doing and have a good reason to use case-sensitive
> usernames then go ahead, but for the rest of us, it should be as simple as
> it can.
> How Couch people say - case-insensitive username is more relaxing :)

CouchDB uses document lookups to find users, so doing this would
involve making docids case-insensitive, which isn't gonna happen.

The good answer would be to add whatever iPhone tags you have to add
to keep it from doing that stupid auto-shift key thing on login forms.

I'd love a patch for that against this file:

http://github.com/couchapp/couchapp/blob/master/vendor/evently/account/loginForm/mustache.html

Chris

--
Chris Anderson