From Noah Diewald <noah.diew...@gmail.com>
Subject Locale and rule based view collation
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2010 23:47:25 GMT
I was wondering if there were any plans to make use of more of the ICU
collation API in CouchDB.

I'm using CouchDB to make natural language documentation software and
it seems like a shame that I might have to use ICU for creating sort
keys to get sort orders right for view keys in certain languages when
ICU is already used internally by CouchDB. It kind of looks like
something could be added in at about the same place as the option for
case or no case collations in couch_icu_driver.c but I feel under
qualified to play around with it. I think that having an option in the
view to specify collation customization would be really great and it
must be something that even people working with less obscure languages
than I am could benefit from.

--
Noah Diewald