From Patrick Barnes <mrtr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Couchdb-lucene and readers problem
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 02:22:54 GMT
Thanks Robert, that fixed it.

(I'm using the readers list to lock down access per db, not
require_valid_user - I created a 'lucene' user and gave it a role to
allow it access to any db for which it has indexes)

On 24/09/2010 7:03 PM, Robert Newson wrote:
> I'm assuming you've set require_valid_user=true?
>
> If so, you need to add a user:pass value to couchdb-lucene's ini file.
> The details are in the README under "Security".
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 24 Sep 2010, at 07:53, Patrick Barnes<mrtrick@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I have couchdb-lucene set up and working fine - I can query the fulltext view I have
defined. (Using couchdb-lucene 0.5.6 and couchdb 1.0.1)

>> However, if I set any readers in the database's security options and call with *proper*
credentials, couchdb-lucene fails, with response:

>> {"code":500,
>> "reason":"A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at character 1 of
>> <!DOCTYPE html>\n....... (full text at http://gist.github.com/594894)
>>
>> I'm guessing couchdb-lucene is not expecting to have to pass on credentials to couchdb?
[Also, why is couchdb responding as if it received an unauthorised request from a browser?]